- 2 cups Whole Spelt Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Milk or Buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- 1 Egg
- In medium bowl, whisk together spelt flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir just until the dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened; it will seem very wet, but will thicken as it site. Let batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Spoon batter on preheated griddle and cook both sides until golden brown.