- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 chopped nuts (optional)
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and shortening together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and the milk, beat until smooth.
- Add in flour and mashed banana alternately to creamed mixture, beat smooth after each addition.
- Add nuts at this time.
- Turn batter in to muffins tins, either regular or mini.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes for regular and approximately 15-20 minutes for the mini’s.
- Test with a wooden pick to insure doneness.